About the Market
The Onancock Market was established in 2012 with the purpose of providing a venue for local farmers, watermen and artisans to offer their fresh, seasonal, and locally grown and manufactured products and qualified art directly to residents and visitors in the community.
It is a vendor-produced only market, which means that vendors have made, grown or caught 100% of the products they offer for sale…shoppers are buying directly from the source.
The 2018 Market Season
The 2018 Market Season is Saturdays, May through November, 9am – 12pm.
The Saturdays in November (other than the Holiday Market) are only for food vendors and farmers as long as crops are available.
The pre-Thanksgiving “Holiday Market” is November 17, from 9AM until 1PM.
We’ll be there Rain or Shine for every Market!
The Onancock Market Serves to:
- Create and stimulate economic development and viability of our local farming and fishing community and support the regional arts community.
- Revive the historic role of Onancock as a regional market center and promote Onancock as a shopping destination.
- Provide a venue for families, friends and neighbors to gather creating a greater sense of community.
- Educate the public about the importance of our local agricultural heritage and the role played by farmers and watermen.
- Educate the community about the benefits of growing, selling, cooking, preserving, eating and celebrating local food.
Board of Directors
George Bryan (Small Business Development)
John Custis (Attorney)
Leanne DuBois (VDACS)
Janice and Rick Felker (Mattawoman Creek Farms)
John Johnston (Pickpenny Farm)
Butch Nottingham (VDACS)