About the Market
The Onancock Market was established in 2012 with the purpose of providing a venue for local farmers, watermen and artisans to offer their fresh, seasonal, and locally grown and manufactured products and qualified art directly to residents and visitors in the community.
It is a vendor-produced only market, which means that shoppers can buy direct from the source. And meet them, too!
The 2016 Market Season
The regular market season will run every Saturday from May 7th through October 29th
Hours: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (May 28 through Sept. 3)
9:00 am – 12:00 pm (All other market days: May 7 through May 21 and September 10 through October 29)
This year there will be one pre-Thanksgiving Holiday Market on November 19th from 9am – 1pm.
We’ll be there Rain or Shine for every Market!
The Onancock Market Serves to:
- Create and stimulate economic development and viability of our local farming and fishing community and support the regional arts community.
- Revive the historic role of Onancock as a regional market center and promote Onancock as a shopping destination.
- Provide a venue for families, friends and neighbors to gather creating a greater sense of community.
- Educate the public about the importance of our local agricultural heritage and the role played by farmers and watermen.
- Educate the community about the benefits of growing, selling, cooking, preserving, eating and celebrating local food.
Board of Directors
George Bryan (Small Business Development)
John Custis (Attorney)
Leanne DuBois (VDACS)
Janice and Rick Felker (Mattawoman Creek Farms)
John Johnston (Pickpenny Farm)
Butch Nottingham (VDACS)