About the Market
The Onancock Market was established in 2012 with the purpose of providing a venue for local farmers, watermen and artisans to offer their fresh, seasonal, and locally grown and manufactured products and qualified art directly to residents and visitors in the community.
It is a vendor-produced only market, which means that shoppers can buy direct from the source. And meet them, too!
The 2015 Market Season
The regular market season will run every Saturday from May 2nd through October 31st
Hours: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm (May 23 through Sept. 5)
9:00 am – 12:00 pm (All other market days: May 2 through May 16 and September 12 through October 31)
This year there will be one pre-Thanksgiving Holiday Market on November 21st from 9am – 1pm.
We’ll be there Rain or Shine for every Market!
The Onancock Market Serves to:
- Create and stimulate economic development and viability of our local farming and fishing community and support the regional arts community.
- Revive the historic role of Onancock as a regional market center and promote Onancock as a shopping destination.
- Provide a venue for families, friends and neighbors to gather creating a greater sense of community.
- Educate the public about the importance of our local agricultural heritage and the role played by farmers and watermen.
- Educate the community about the benefits of growing, selling, cooking, preserving, eating and celebrating local food.
George Bryan (Small Business Development)
John Custis (Attorney)
Leanne DuBois (VDACS)
Janice and Rick Felker (Mattawoman Creek Farms)
Jay Ford (Shine and Rise Farm)
John Johnston (Pickpenny Farm)
Butch Nottingham (VDACS)