About the Market
About the Market
The Onancock Market was established in 2012 with the purpose of providing a venue for local farmers, watermen and artisans to offer their fresh, seasonal, and locally grown and manufactured products and qualified art directly to residents and visitors in the community.
It is a vendor-produced only market, which means that vendors have made, grown or caught 100% of the products they offer for sale. Shoppers are buying directly from the source.
For the safety of our patrons and vendors during the COVID-19 pandemic, The Onancock Market’s pedestrian lot will not open until further notice. However, you may now order online each week from your favorite local Food Vendors! Place your order from noon Sunday through midnight Wednesday, and pay with credit card, PayPal or SNAP/EBT. Saturday mornings, 9am-12pm, drive up to the front of 20 Market Street and your order will be placed in your car!
The Onancock Market Serves to:
- Create and stimulate economic development and viability of our local farming and fishing community and support the regional arts community.
- Revive the historic role of Onancock as a regional market center and promote Onancock as a shopping destination.
- Provide a venue for families, friends and neighbors to gather creating a greater sense of community.
- Educate the public about the importance of our local agricultural heritage and the role played by farmers and watermen.
- Educate the community about the benefits of growing, selling, cooking, preserving, eating and celebrating local food.
Board of Directors
George Bryan (Small Business Development)
John Custis (Attorney)
Butch Nottingham (VDACS)