How does this work?
PICKUP TRAFFIC PATTERN INSTRUCTIONS
Drive west through downtown Onancock until you pass 20 Market Street on your left. Continue a block and a half further and turn right onto West Street (at Cokesbury Church). Drive to the end of the street and turn right onto King Street. Drive one block and turn right onto East Street. Wait at the corner of East and Market Streets until you see that the line of waiting cars is fewer than six and then turn left to join the line. Stay as close to the curb as you can while in line to allow other traffic to pass.
When you are one car away, open your trunk or rear hatch for loading. Prominently display your name and order number on your dashboard.
See illustration below:
PICKING UP YOUR ORDER
- When may I pick up my order?
Your order will be ready and waiting for you to pick it up Saturday morning between 9am and 12pm. Prominently display your name and order number on your dashboard.
- Where may I pick up my order?
The curbside pickup location is in front of 20 Market St in downtown Onancock. Please refer to the illustration above and follow the traffic flow.
- Curbside pickup in a vehicle:
- All transactions must be made online. In order to reduce the risk of person to person transmission there are no curbside sales allowed. Keep your windows rolled up. Prominently display your name and order number on an 8.5" X 11” piece of paper in your windshield and be prepared to show your sales receipt through the window, either in printed form or on your phone. A member of staff will place your order in the trunk and close your trunk for you. If you have products that need refrigeration we recommend bringing coolers/lined bags that will keep your purchases cool on your way home.
- Carefully merge back into traffic when your order is loaded.
- Do you allow walk-up pickup?
- Yes. For your own safety, PLEASE APPROACH FROM THE EAST (downtown), STAY BEHIND THE BARRIER AND ON THE SIDEWALK, give us your name and we will bring out your order.
- Do you deliver?
- We do not deliver but, if you are unable to drive to the pickup location, we suggest that you call Shore Delivery Corps at 757-801-9950, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What should I do if I am not able to make it to the market to pick up my order?
- Send a friend with your name and order number or call Shore Delivery Corps. Unfortunately, we are not able to hold orders after the market closes due to the perishable nature of the products.
- Do you make refunds?
- On the rare occasion when a vendor is not able to provide the items in your order, we will refund your purchase price to you.
- We do not make refunds on orders you fail to pick up from the curbside market.
PLACING YOUR ORDER
- When can I place my order?
- The online shop is open for orders from Sunday at noon to midnight on Wednesday every week.
- When will my order be ready for pickup?
- Your order will be ready the Saturday after you place it.
- Can I use my SNAP/EBT benefits at the market?
- Yes, we are proud to be able to accept SNAP/EBT payments at the market. Select "SNAP - Pay at Pickup" during checkout, and be prepared with your SNAP/EBT card at pickup to finalize your sale.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation of your order, it may not have been completed. Also, be sure to enter your email correctly.
WHEN WILL THE ONANCOCK MARKET RETURN TO TRADITIONAL OPERATIONS?
The Farmers have planted winter crops and we will continue to be open for you through the winter!
At this time we are planning to continue the online ordering with curbside pickup indefinitely.
We are monitoring the situation closely and will return to our traditional market when it is safe for the public to congregate.
WHAT SAFETY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE?
Pre-ordering reduces the person to person point of sale that would typically take place at the market. No cash or cards are changing hands and customers are not browsing through products that are sitting out in the open.
By hosting a curbside pickup market we ensure that each customer does not come into close contact with any other member of the public or vendor.
Curbside workers have been trained in Virginia Department of Agriculture Covid-19 safety guidelines and are wearing masks and sanitize their hands after handling each order. Please do not roll down your window to speak to the workers unless you are wearing a protective face mask. Conversation is not necessary…They are delighted to greet and serve you and appreciate a friendly wave.